Tuesday 11 September 2012

Style crush: A$AP Rocky

Ever since I read the GQ interview with A$AP Rocky I could’t help but notice become his good eye for fashionable threads.

In the interview he named dropped a few of his favourite designers (Rick Owens, Givenchy etc) and I was thinking OK this dude knows his stuff.


The Givenchy graphic birds of paradise print popular with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Pusha T, Swizz Beats and Rocky. 

Now I see A$AP Rocky is making waves all over New York Fashion Week and features in a promo for Alexander Wang’s fall collection.

Rocky has a good presence in the fashion industry right now and he is injecting his twist of high fashion and streetwear without trying too hard – I like and it appears other designers do too.


“The reason why I like to blend in streetwear with high-end fashion is because I have a sense of both. Most people who are just  into high fashion can’t do streetwear and most streetwear people can’t do high fashion. 
And I’m not saying all can’t, but most. It’s not like I’m the only person who does it, but I’m known for doing it.” – A$AP talking to MTV Style


Watch A$AP, Diplo and Penn Badgley talk about what fuels their creativity while showing off Alexander Wang's new collection.

Who is your style crush right now?



Bianca x

No comments:

Post a Comment