Thursday 25 April 2013

Coconut oil hair shine from The Body Shop

My Mum and I had previously used coconut oil for hair, but I gave up on using after a while because constantly having to melt in down before using it was a lengthy process.

I've used almond and argan oil in my hair too and they were great for hair stands but I needed something to treat my scalp.

I've heard good things about using coconut oil on dry scalp so after washing, drying and styling I applied small amounts onto my finger and then rubbed the oil into spots across my head.

 
Coconut oil hair shine is £5.50 at The Body Shop, I got 20% with my loyalty card.


Once you've swirled the oil around and onto your finger it transforms from a wax-like texture to a soft oily substance. Compared to other coconut oils I've used, this is easier to control as it is hydrogenated. Most are really hard at room temperature and need to be melted but this is perfect for immediate use. It hasn't completely prevented dry and flaky scalp but it has helped to clear some trouble areas. I'd say it's good for smoothening hair and adding shine.

What it says on the tin: This solid oil turns into a balm in your fingertips. It smoothes hair and adds shine.
- Conditions
- Smoothes
- Adds shine
- Washes out easily



PROS:

It can be applied to the hair before you wash it as a treatment or to smoothen rough and dry edges after styling.

A small amount goes a long way. I thought the tin was too small but there more than enough inside to at least a year.

If I am going natural and curly it tames curls and defines.

It penetrates the hair shaft to treat dry and flaky scalp.

CONS:

In hot weather it could melt and turn gooey.

It's not completely pure coconut oil. If you are trying to reap the benefits pure oils this isn't the one, it also contains parbens which some people try to avoid.

Be careful how much you apply because it can make you hair look greasy.

Have you tried coconut oil for your hair? What do you recommend for dry scalp?

Bianca x

Bloglovin - Twitter - Tumblr 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about hair oils but I'm always dubious that they will just make my hair greasy, so still not sold on them :s

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil hair shine is best ways for all.
    Hair Shine Oil

    ReplyDelete