Saturday 2 February 2013

Blueberry muffins recipe

My first attempt at making blueberry muffins didn’t go so well. Mainly because I thought I could use a bun tin instead of a muffin one, which made no sense since I wanted to make muffins. Anyhow I combined tips from a couple of recipes to try again and the results were much better.


INGREDIENTS:
60g unsalted butter (Use at room temperature)
115g caster sugar (could use more for sweeter taste)
2 medium eggs
250g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
125ml milk (I used semi skimmed)
150g blueberries (I used organic blueberries since I found them to be smaller in size)

MAKES: 14

METHOD:
1. Preheat the oven at gas mark 4.
2. Line the muffin tray with cases
3. Wash the blueberries and drain off water. Sprinkle a tea towel with flour and roll the blueberries in it. Wrap the lightly floured berries and leave for 30-45 mins to dry completely. This will help to stop the berries from binding together or sinking to the bottom of the mixture when baked.
4. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder. Set aside for later.
5. Cut the butter into small cubes. Put into another mixing bowl together with the caster sugar. Use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to cream the two together.
6. Crack and add one egg, beating into the mixture. When the egg has been adsorbed, repeat the process with the second egg.
7. Add small amounts of the dry mixture and milk to the wet mixture, giving it all a good stir each time. Keep doing this until all the dry mixture and milk has been added and the mixture is smooth. You may need to add a little for milk or flour depending on the consistency.
8. Add the blueberries that have been covered with flour into the mixture and stir.
9. Spoon the mixture into the 2/3 of the muffin cases.
10. Bake in the oven at gas mark 4 for 30 mins.

Recipe taken from Nigella Lawson’s Best Blueberry Muffins and Leila’s Blueberry Muffins.

2 comments:

  1. These look yum! I also love the choc chip ones too.
    (lickin my lips right now!lol)
    LiLi Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes so nice. I made white chocolate chip ones on Sunday x

      Delete