Thursday 21 March 2013

Dinner at Dover Street Restaurant

Dinner and live music sounded like a great idea for my birthday evening, my brother suggested we go to Dover Street Restaurant in Mayfair a short walk from Green Park tube.

The restaurant is in a basement location, separated into two dining sections with a dance floor and stage in the center. Some of the tables have a restricted view of the stage but luckily we were seated directly opposite it, so we saw all the action.


Serving a French/Mediterranean cuisine we ate from a set party menu with five courses starting with a Bellini drink and pumpkin soup on the house. The soup was really tasty and even a little spicy, this was followed by a stuffed mushroom for starters.


 Roast best end of  lamb
Grilled Sirloin steak with French fries

Out of all the courses I enjoyed my mains the most, I had some delicious roast lamb coated with rosemary and mustard crust, served with aubergine caviar and Lyonnaise potatoes. Yum!

Thankfully we had a decent gap between our mains so I was ready for my mascarpone cheesecake dessert, I would have not turned that away - I love cheesecake. It was really sweet and soft just how I like it.

Mascarpone cheesecake

The waiting staff were very attentive, service was perfect and efficient. We enjoyed our meal no complaints and all left very full.

While we ate a ballroom dance class was taking place, it was actually really cool to see them practice their moves in front of us and the music was fun. I think some participants were embarrassed to be on show with most of the restaurant watching but after a while they got on with their class and danced like no one was watching.

Jazz quartet

Around 10ish a Jazz quartet came on to perform and the ballroom dancers stayed to show off some of their routines and even got some of the tipsy diners involved.

I've read some mixed reviews and it seems to me that if you want to experience the best of the jazz bar/restaurant theme it is best to go during the week rather than Friday and the weekends when it turns into hen party mayhem.

If you're family is any thing like mine there is no problem with being loud here. We had fun and loved the lively atmosphere which makes this venue perfect for big groups.

Bianca x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am SUCH a cheesecake fan - madly jealous. I could so eat chome chips right now too! Looks like a pretty cool place :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! Could eat it all again lol

    ReplyDelete