Monday 11 March 2013

Best of Fashion Week AW13

Since the hoopla of fashion month is over it’s time to share my picks for top trends for AW13. These are just a small selection of the styles that caught my eye along with trends that I’d like to incorporate in my wardrobe later this year.
Animal print

Photos Style.com (Burberry Prorsum, DKNY, Moschino Cheap and Chic, Tracey Reese, Tom Ford and Versace)

I love animal prints so I was happy to see DKNY collection lead the way with models head-to-toe in bold leopard print looks. Across the pond Christopher Bailey stunned with a Burberry collection heavy in animal print mixed with tough texture and metallic accents. One of my favourite looks was a black and cream animal print dress. Most designers opted for leopard spots or zebra stripes, I’m looking forward to see how this style will be interpreted by the high street.

Under arm bag

Photos Style.com (Marni, Topshop Unique, Chanel and Victoria Beckham)

This is one trend we can rock now, carrying a bag no matter the shape or size as a clutch. It isn’t practical in reality if you have a huge handbag, but it looks so cool. Strangely enough I’ve already found myself carrying my messenger bag under my arm as if it doesn’t have a strap. Victoria Beckham has been papped hugging her bag instead of holding the handles and Kate Moss posed for the SS13 Givenchy campaign cradling a bowling bag, it’s only a matter of time before this trend catches on. It’ll be the new wearing-your-coat-on-your-shoulders-like-it’s-a-cape kinda thing.

Pink

Photos Style.com (Rodarte, Dries Van Noten, Roksanda Illincic, Sister by Sibling, Moschino Cheap and Chic, Topshop Unique)

Rose, fuchsia and cerise were prominent across the fashion capitals for AW13. A pastel pink suit was a showstopper at Rodarte, while sprinkles of pink were seen at Roksanda Illincic and Unique where a jumpsuit and overcoat featured in pink hues. It is said to become a staple colour rather like black, camel and white next season. I wouldn’t normally associate pink with this season but I’m interested to see how it can work and what shades will be popular.

A-line silhouette 

Photos Style.com (Lanvin, Jonathan Saunders, Holly Fulton, Nina Ricci)

The A-line silhouette seemed to be highlight across the catwalks for AW13. Skater skirts were huge in AW12 as a staple separate and I’m happy to see them again for the following winter as it’s a style that works for all shapes and sizes. 

What AW13 trends are you keeping an eye out for?

Bianca x

No comments:

Post a Comment