Friday 22 March 2013

What to wear to an interview

I have been job hunting for a few months now and continually need a new interview outfit each time I go to one. I don't have a particular outfit for an interview but since they are for media companies, I am dressing in a smart/casual style.

Today I had an interview with a big media/entertainment company for an editorial internship. Before the formal interview took place, all candidates were introduced to the company by the HR department and we were shown a series of videos about the brand and what the internship programme is like. I have to say those clips got me all excited about potentially working there. Eek!

Being in the same room as people who are fighting for the same job as you was different but at the same time it's good to meet others who just want the same break as you. Best of luck to us all.

Anyway so here is what I wore:

Shirt - New Look £16.99
Jeggings - H&M really old
Boots - Topshop a couple seasons ago
Bag - Not in stores

During my last New Look haul I picked up a long-sleeved polka dot shirt that I thought would be perfect for the meeting. It buttons up all the way to the neck and has fastenings on the sleeves too but I chose to roll them up. I teamed the shirt with dark denim jeggings from H&M and some black Topshop boots.

When no one else is around to take my pic a mirror image will do ;-)

I thought the polka dot button down shirt was a great blend between trendy and smart. While my dark denim jeggings were a good option for a casual laid back style.

I had to bring an iPad with my so I took my new bag out. It's a black tote with studded detail. I got it from my aunt who buys tons of bags from a wholesaler and sells them on.

It can be worn three ways, one by the short handle, on the shoulder using the strap I attached which is like a chain and the other is longer so the bag can be worn across the body. Finally I had to wear some boots because it's still too cold to wear flats :-( booo. Bring on spring already!

What is your interview/meeting style like?

Bianca x

Bloglovin - Twitter - Tumblr 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, was redirected here as I'm also looking for clothes to wear for media interviews! All the best with yours xo

    bittersweet-bhavna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete